30 September 2013

[Shinrin Yoku: for Endsley]



Today I performed a modified practice of forest prayer that was part Shinrin Yoku--the Japanese practice of forest bathing, part walking meditation borrowed from the Montreat Conference Center in North Carolina, and part creative expression. I dedicate this piece to Endsley Barrett, a beautiful woman who embodied joy and kindness and who left this world too soon.



















Thanks to McNair and Patricia Evans for sharing Prayer Path from the Walk Jones Wildlife Sanctuary at Montreat with me and to Jon Brown who wrote it for his thoughtful walk and words. Thanks also to Christopher Kautz at CQK Studio for the "DonkeyPad" that accompanies me everywhere, holding the pens and paper that allow me to catch my moments of inspiration. 






1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful way to honor your dear friend! Endsley is loving your gift of remembrance.
    She will be missed by all who loved her.

    ReplyDelete